Here is why Scotland is the best place for traveltech:
- In 2019, £120m was secured in venture capital in the tech sector in Edinburgh (Tech Nation 2020). Last year Scotland’s digital technology turnover was £3.9 billion (Tech Nation 2019)
- Scotland is the home of Skyscanner, a world-leading traveltech company.
- Dundee is home to a world-leading computer games and design industries.
- Scotland is home to innovative traveltech companies, including Whereverly, Criton, For-Sight, Travelnest, Freetobook, Bookster and Hidden Scotland.
- Scotland supports it’s growing companies and businesses. There is help, guidance and funding from Scottish Enterprise and many other organisations.
- Scotland has world-leading research and talent in artificial intelligence and data-driven innovation.
- Five Scottish Universities rank in the global top 200 Universities.
- Scotland is international. It has the highest percentage of international students in the UK
- Scotland is often cited as one of the most beautiful countries in the world. The beauty and value of Scotland needs to be both enjoyed and preserved.
- Scotland is the creative capital of Europe and Edinburgh is the world’s festival city.
- Scotland has ambitious targets for climate change. It has committed to a target of net-zero emissions of greenhouse gases by 2045
Scotland is beautiful, pioneering, and full of potential. By harnessing and investing in what is already there, Scotland can become one of Europe’s leading Traveltech hubs. It is the perfect destination for investment, innovation, and start-ups in travel technology.