Edinburgh Futures Institute’s Data + Design Lab (also known as D+DL and the Lab at EFI) is helping to deliver our mission. The Data + Design Lab identifies synergies and develops, iterates and establishes design-based approaches, toolkits and methods, which supports the design of teams and collaborations to create real change.
The Data + Design Lab is a place that engages University of Edinburgh colleagues, their ecosystems and communities (civic, corporate and social). The service uses co-creative methods to help navigate complex problems and create better futures.
Edinburgh Futures Institute is working with, and is open to, communities, partners and collaborators from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets. It hosts and delivers an inclusive event programme, a range of education opportunities and engagement, and partnership across the University, the local region and beyond.
The Data + Design Lab is helping to identify and foster synergies across events, programmes and activities while paving pathways that help participants and collaborators see and engage between research projects and subjects.
The Data + Design Lab’s unique method can help with:
- Identifying challenges
- Clarifying and creating critical and responsible solutions
- Finding and moving towards opportunities for change
- Developing a set of iterative, responsive and repeatable tools to co-create value across disciplines and create new partnerships.
- Making toolkits available to hire and for use in supporting new connections and partnerships.
- Supporting student projects, research and innovation projects, collaborative studentships, consultancy, social / community-based projects and public exhibitions.
Get in touch with D+DL
If you have a question or request please complete this form and a member of our team will be in touch.