- This event has passed.
24th November 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM GMT
This workshop will address the complexities, challenges and future scenarios facing the retrofitting and energy efficiency of existing buildings. Partnering with the Edinburgh World Heritage Trust, this event will focus on the challenges and ways to assess and apply sympathetic retrofit interventions (envelope and heating methods) to buildings in a conservation area or those have listed status, including talks on the Edinburgh Futures Institute renovation and work done by Historic Environment Scotland and National Trust for Scotland. In a facilitated discussion, we will explore current approaches to this challenge, future visions and potential opportunities related to novel ways of gathering data, maximising data efficiency, utilising citizen science, and galvanising stakeholders.
- Academics and researchers in e.g. net zero carbon engineering, citizen science, ESALA/ECA, LIDAR scanning, heritage and conservation
- Property owners in the World Heritage Site (mainly Old Town and New Town)
- Construction companies and those in their network, e.g. suppliers, financial institutions
- Members of the public with an interest in
- net zero infrastructure and buildings
- heritage and conservation
- applying citizen science
- Digital (LIDAR) scanning
- the new EFI building
Featuring representatives from:
- Edinburgh World Heritage Trust
- Historic Environment Scotland
- National Trust for Scotland
- Architects and contractors
- University of Edinburgh
- Scottish Power
- And many more….